Rob Granito, a hard working artist and family man, made some unwitting mistakes doing tribute art and was buried in the comics tabloid media. Rob admits to his mistakes, and wants a chances to make amends and return to the industry he loves so much: the world of comic book art, and more importantly, COMIC BOOK CONVENTIONS. Please show that in this day and age YOU can show forgiveness and are open to second chances. God is watching all of us, and would like to see that comic fans can look past mistakes that happened a year ago, and allow a man to feed his family using his talent. Everyone makes mistakes, it is time the convention community came together and showed support for a wayward son who wants to make good. Thank You and God Bless!!!!!
Rob Granito was a convention artist who blatantly copied other people’s work without credit, and then claimed ludicrous credits on top of that, from working on the Batman Animated Series, to ghost drawing DC Comics covers to working on projects with Dick Ayers and the late Dwayne MacDuffie. After he was exposed by Bleeding Cool, then picked up by other media, he was hounded by fans and professionals alike, and comic conventions removed him from their exhibitor lists. Those whose work had been copied started legal action against him. He then found himself preyed upon by a real comics industry conman, Josh Hoopes, threating to launch a comics line together, Bad Boys. Nothing since has been heard of those plans.
Now it appears that he is trying to get back in. The question is, will you let him?
Last time around, Rob Granito also became famous for defending himself with a series of different identities, easily identifiable by poor grammar. Such as the following petitioners, all with different names…
i say let him come if u dont want to see his art then dont bother him
i thought he got an ufair rap at the cool website!
say what u want, the dude can draw
dude its like u want to try to turn a mans wife against him and you dont want to think of the result of the actions and u want to like try to profit and the randifactions of what u do u should admit it and say hey maybe i messed with this guy too much
- J Michael Straczynski On The Importance – Or Not – Of Superman’s Red Shorts - January 16, 2017
- Clone Conspiracy #4 Goes Back To Amazing Fantasy #15 – But Not Quite In The Way You MightThink - January 16, 2017
- How Jason Fabok’s Watchmen Covers For Batman And Flash In April Came About… - January 16, 2017
- Unfollow And Clean Room: Season One End With #18 – More Frankensteining DC Solicits For April 2016 As $3.99 Is The New $2.99 - January 16, 2017
- Jessica Jones Meets Roger Rabbit – Black Cloud #1, Out This April, From Jason Latour, Ivan Brandon, Greg Finkle, Matt Wilson And Image Comics - January 16, 2017