Apologies for the slow pace of posting today, but it was a day like no other. I spent my time in a hotel, hanging out with Muppets.
Right, apology over. While I travel home and try to catch up a little, here’s something to keep you beautifully entertainted. Moonbot Studios have made the entirety of their short film The Fantastic Flying Books of Morris Lessmore available to stream online. And here it is:
If on-their-game Pixar ever made a Buster Keaton short, it might be something like that. Not that I want to just define Moonbot by comparison to Pixar, or this film by its influences. Which is why I haven’t even mentioned The Wizard of O… damn. Co-directors William Joyce and Brandon Oldenburg have clearly been inspired by some classic films, but their own still feels pretty fresh.
I expect Morris Lessmore to be this year’s Oscar winner for best short film.
Thanks to Animatie for the embed.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014