FLCL (pronounced Fooly Cooly) is an anime from Japan shown on Adult Swim, but more commonly available on streaming sites and DVD/Blu Ray, about a kid with a doorway in his head to giant robots. The theme music for the series is by the Japanese band The Pillows.
Wolverine And The X-Men: Alpha And Omega is about a world placed into the heads of Wolverine and Armor by the student Quentin Quire.
The solicited cover image saw him with a button reading P!, the logo of The Pillows. But on the actual cover, this had been changed to PI.
Mark Brooks, the cover artist, is a big FLCL fan – as are a number of Marvel editors. Sadly the legal department wouldn’t allow themselves to get equally carried away…
- J Michael Straczynski On The Importance – Or Not – Of Superman’s Red Shorts - January 16, 2017
- Clone Conspiracy #4 Goes Back To Amazing Fantasy #15 – But Not Quite In The Way You MightThink - January 16, 2017
- How Jason Fabok’s Watchmen Covers For Batman And Flash In April Came About… - January 16, 2017
- Unfollow And Clean Room: Season One End With #18 – More Frankensteining DC Solicits For April 2016 As $3.99 Is The New $2.99 - January 16, 2017
- Jessica Jones Meets Roger Rabbit – Black Cloud #1, Out This April, From Jason Latour, Ivan Brandon, Greg Finkle, Matt Wilson And Image Comics - January 16, 2017