Grace Randolph is one of Bleeding Cool’s newest contributors, landing with a bang with her two weekly comic book video blogs as Think About The Ink. She’s written for Marvel’s Her-Oes and for Boom’s Muppet comics, but I was most looking forward to Supurbia, her own superheroes-as-desperate-housewives comic. All superhero fiction is about power fantasy, and targetting the suburban family as a way to find people trapped and powerless in the lives they have built for themselves seemed rich with possibility.
Then I saw the art. And I’m sorry Grace, but I’m not going to be buying this just for the writing anymore. The art by Russell Dauterman has a raw quality, remind me of early Matt Wagner and Sam Kieth, with a clever sense of colour. TAke a look at the first issue, out in March.
- The DC Masterclass Panel Welcomes Latecomers, From Dan DiDio To Greg Capullo To Frank Miller - July 22, 2017
- Marvel’s Hasbro Panel At San Diego Comic-Con In 85 Photos - July 22, 2017
- New Thor: Ragnarok Poster Released To Dazzle The Senses - July 22, 2017
- Miracleman Is Coming. Just Not Yet. Wait. - July 22, 2017
- Motor Crush #9 Will Be A Flashback Issue Drawn By Cameron Stewart With Babs Tarr On Colours - July 22, 2017