Grace Randolph is one of Bleeding Cool’s newest contributors, landing with a bang with her two weekly comic book video blogs as Think About The Ink. She’s written for Marvel’s Her-Oes and for Boom’s Muppet comics, but I was most looking forward to Supurbia, her own superheroes-as-desperate-housewives comic. All superhero fiction is about power fantasy, and targetting the suburban family as a way to find people trapped and powerless in the lives they have built for themselves seemed rich with possibility.
Then I saw the art. And I’m sorry Grace, but I’m not going to be buying this just for the writing anymore. The art by Russell Dauterman has a raw quality, remind me of early Matt Wagner and Sam Kieth, with a clever sense of colour. TAke a look at the first issue, out in March.
- Is There a Post-Credits Scene at the End of Avengers: Infinity War? [Spoiler-Free] - April 24, 2018
- Bleeding Cool’s First Review of Avengers: Infinity War [Spoiler-Free] #ThanosDemandsYourSilence - April 24, 2018
- The Journey of Jane Foster to Valhalla (The Mighty Thor #706) - April 24, 2018
- Further Universal FanCon Fallout… Refunds and Apologies? - April 24, 2018
- Gerard Way and Nick Derington’s Doom Patrol #11 Out This Week Honest – A Ball That Has Not Been Forgotten - April 24, 2018