Grace Randolph is one of Bleeding Cool’s newest contributors, landing with a bang with her two weekly comic book video blogs as Think About The Ink. She’s written for Marvel’s Her-Oes and for Boom’s Muppet comics, but I was most looking forward to Supurbia, her own superheroes-as-desperate-housewives comic. All superhero fiction is about power fantasy, and targetting the suburban family as a way to find people trapped and powerless in the lives they have built for themselves seemed rich with possibility.
Then I saw the art. And I’m sorry Grace, but I’m not going to be buying this just for the writing anymore. The art by Russell Dauterman has a raw quality, remind me of early Matt Wagner and Sam Kieth, with a clever sense of colour. TAke a look at the first issue, out in March.
- “I Look At Every Audition As, I Just Want This Job” – Veronica Taylor On Being Ash, At C2E2 - April 23, 2017
- Frank Miller Loved Halle Berry’s Catwoman – The Dark Knight Panel At C2E2 - April 23, 2017
- Goldie Vance #13 Cancelled, Series Moves To Original Graphic Novels - April 23, 2017
- Genderflipping Doctor Jekyll And Mr Hyde – Living In An Electric Empire At C2E2 With Viola Carr - April 23, 2017
- 31 Shots Of Cosplay From C2E2 Day 2 From Neon Leia To A Full Galactus - April 22, 2017