I’m hoping that This Means War provides more evidence for my “McG is good at this stuff” argument – this stuff being splashy, bright and colourful fun. I do continue to be a bit confused by the film’s sexual politics, but I hope the full film will join those dots in a way that doesn’t leave me screaming.
Here’s a new UK poster for the film that exists, as far as I can see, to announce that the film will be in cinemas from February 14th – Valentine’s Day. There’s some technicality that makes those first few days of screenings into “previews” but that’s of little consequence to real people.
And here’s a 60-second TV ad for the film, continuing to keep the focus more on the boys than on Reese. I’m expecting at least one trailer or TV spot to flip that around at some point.
Aaaaand… just for luck, the latest UK trailer for the film.
The Gloria Steinem joke makes me nervous.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014