Appropriately timed to play with the new Underworld movie – there’s bound to be a lot of cross-over in the audiences, I think – here’s the first trailer for the next Resident Evil movie, Retribution.
There’s a lot of Sony stuff in there:
- Screen in Times Square
- PS Vita
- Another smartphone
- Lady-U-Like Gun Garter
Is that a trailer product placement record? And so smoothly done too. You know, I was even left wondering if Baba o’Reilly is on a Sony-owned record label.
But perhaps the trailer is ultimately subversive: none of that Sony tech seems to have staved off the apocalypse, eh? Radical.
Incidentally, now I’ve had the length of this post to think about it, I’d say I’m team Milla.
Here’s the plot blurb for the movie:
The Umbrella Corporation’s deadly T-virus continues to ravage the Earth, transforming the global population into legions of the flesh eating Undead. The human race’s last and only hope, Alice(Milla Jovovich), awakens in the heart of Umbrella’s most clandestine operations facility and unveils more of her mysterious past as she delves further into the complex. Without a safe haven, Alice continues to hunt those responsible for the outbreak; a chase that takes her from Tokyo to New York, Washington, D.C. and Moscow, culminating in a mind-blowing revelation that will force her to rethink everything that she once thought to be true. Aided by newfound allies and familiar friends, Alice must fight to survive long enough to escape a hostile world on the brink of oblivion. The countdown has begun.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014