Jerry Iger was a cartoonist who worked for and with Will Eisner. His grand-nephew, Robert Iger, is now CEO of Disney, and the man who persuaded Marvel to sell to Disney. He is a keen supporter of SOPA and PIPA legislation.
California Senator Dianne Feinstein has trying to broker some kind of agreement between IP owners and tech companies over the current legislation being discussed. The Huffington Post reports;
Walt Disney Co. President and CEO Bob Iger declined the invitation on behalf of content providers. “Hollywood did not feel that a meeting with Silicon Valley would be productive at this time,” said a spokesperson. The meeting took place with only tech companies present. Feinstein, once a reliable vote for the existing version of Protect IP, is now working hard to amend the bill, according to Senate Democratic aides.
This isn’t just supporting legislation. This is declining to even hear or discuss arguments against it. Now that’s just being pig headed. Or mouse headed if you prefer.
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, 21st October 2018 – Batman Vs Shuri - October 21, 2018
- Punisher Season 2 and Jessica Jones Season 3, the Last Marvel Netflix Shows? Will They End up on Marvel Unlimited? - October 21, 2018
- From Hilda to Esther – Walking Through Notts Comic Con 2018 - October 21, 2018
- The Daily LITG – 21st October 2018 – Happy Birthday Paul Levitz - October 21, 2018
- The Other History Of The DC Universe by John Ridley Vs Glory Scroll/Black Reign by Michael Davis - October 20, 2018