DC Comics has shown how their new logo will be used on current books and current branding. Looks like the edge of the D will be pushed hard against the spine of a comic, so the “peel” comes right off the edge of the comic.
The press release reads “DC Entertainment, a Warner Bros. Entertainment company and home to iconic brands DC Comics, Vertigo and MAD, revealed today a new brand identity. The new identity is reflective of the company’s mission to fully realize the value of a rich portfolio of brands, stories and characters, distinguished by incredible breadth and depth across publishing, media and merchandise. A new logo for DC Comics was also introduced, closely aligning with DC Entertainment’s new mark.”
Reading the rest of it, I think it’s going to be called the DC Flip. The Vertigo and MAD logos will also receive a From DC Entertainment line beneathe them.
They still aren’t revealing the animated version. That will come another day. Keep watching Youtube…
- Kraven The Hunter Returns in March’s Amazing Spider-Man - December 14, 2018
- Now DC Comics Makes Border Town Back Issues Returnable - December 14, 2018
- Comixology Bestseller List, 14th December 2019 – An Annual Surprise - December 14, 2018
- Cambridge Analytica, the Sequel, in Drone Range of Parliament - December 14, 2018
- The Comic Shop Opens in Crawley, England, in Three Days Time - December 14, 2018