But, even though he is no longer running, Herman Cain’s name is still on the ballot.
Which is why the Not-Stephen Colbert Super PAC has launched a new campaign ad for Stephen Colbert – under the name of Herman Cain.
And if there is a sudden boost at the polls for a man who is not running, would show just how well a comedy programme can affect the electorate by buying advertising.
TELEVISION, USA – The Definitely Not Coordinating With Stephen Colbert Super PAC released a new television commercial today in South Carolina, in advance of the upcoming underfunded GOP Primary. The ad, entitled “Not Abel,” shows support for Stephen Colbert’s possible candidacy by offering voters a way to show support for Stephen Colbert’s possible candidacy.
“Tragic new reports show that South Carolinians can sometimes go for several minutes at a stretch without seeing a single political ad,” said Jon Stewart, President For Life For Now of The Definitely Not Coordinating with Stephen Colbert Super PAC.” Even more tragically, we discovered that one visionary leader wasn’t having his voice heard: Stephen Colbert. Now I can proudly say: He’s still not having his voice heard, because we do not coordinate with any candidate or campaign.”
The spot begins running today as a massive, multi-dozen-dollar ad buy in South Carolina. Snooty types who love to mention how they never watch television can view the ad here.
The Definitely Not Coordinating With Stephen Colbert Super PAC, nèe Colbert Super PAC, is officially known as Americans For A Better Tomorrow, Tomorrow, but is secretly hoping it will get a cool nickname like “Buzzsaw” or “Snakes.”
Enjoy… especially the creepy slow smile.
This should now be viewable by non-Americans too, as is the Mitt Romney attack ad from earlier.
- Ron Lim to Join Tini Howard and Chris Sprouse on Captain America Annual #1 - August 16, 2018
- Did You Remember the Town of Lago from Astonishing X-Men Annual #1? - August 16, 2018
- Keith Allen Begins Rehearsals for Hogarth Double Bill Stage Play in Kingston - August 16, 2018
- Uber: Invasion and Cinema Purgatorio in Avatar Press November 2018 Solicits - August 16, 2018
- Matt Brady Returns to Comics, and Somehow Bleeding Cool Has the Scoop - August 16, 2018