A UK housewife is on the warpath over Americanisms in new Winnie the Pooh books, and other Disney fare published in Britain.
A skipping rope is called by its American name “jump rope” and a handkerchief is spelt hankerchief and moustache spelt mustache.
Mrs Weeks said: “AA Milne would never have written the word ‘gotten’, so why has it been put in there?
“There are so many things – they talk about them playing chequers, instead of chess or draughts.” [Telegraph]
Joe Swanberg has uploaded his short-ish film (just under an hour), Marriage Material to Vimeo and here it is, to watch for free. I did and… erm… it’s very Swanberg.
io9 have four scenes from Avatar: The Legend of Korra, the Last Airbender sequel series.
There’s some more footage from John Carter in this latest TV spot.
Gad Elmaleh and Gabriel Byrne have been cast in Capital, Costa Gavras’ next. Natacha Regnier, Hyppolyte Girardot, Lyia Kebede and Bernard Lecop also all have roles in this “scathing look at international finance”. If Gavras’ form is anything to go by, this deserves your full attention.[Variety]
This featurette goes behind the scenes of Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. It’s not, I was disappointed to learn a documentary expose.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014