Broadview Entertainment Arts University in Salt Lake City is launching a new course, earning student a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in the field of Comics And Sequential Art.
Why do I think Scott McCloud will be on the curriculum?
KSL News reports that the Broadview Dean as saying “This program is built for people who are passionate about telling stories that often begin as paper-napkin doodles, move to freehand sketches and finish with creative products that connect emotionally with audiences”.
The university website describes the course like so;
This program is designed to prepare students for work as illustrators, comic artists, graphic novelists, cartoonists and storyboard artists.
- Practice freehand sketches and drawings
- Develop simple sketches into polished and complete ink drawings
- Use perspective to draw convincing environments, buildings and machinery
- Learn figure drawing principles to create human figures, facial expressions and fantasy characters
- Use standard graphic novel/comic/storyboarding formats to express ideas and story sequences
- Telling a Story About a Quadriplegic Hero and His Newly Sentient Mechanical Wheelchair - December 16, 2017
- Comics Folk React to… the FCC, Net Neutrality and Ajit Pai - December 16, 2017
- Salt Lake Comic Con Gets a New Name, the FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention - December 15, 2017
- Extended Preview of Axis & Atlas #1, the New Titan Comic That’s “a Cross Between Asterix and Bone” - December 15, 2017
- Comic Store In Your Future: Getting Rid of the Dead Shoplifters Before the Secret Shopper Arrives - December 15, 2017