Broadview Entertainment Arts University in Salt Lake City is launching a new course, earning student a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in the field of Comics And Sequential Art.
Why do I think Scott McCloud will be on the curriculum?
KSL News reports that the Broadview Dean as saying “This program is built for people who are passionate about telling stories that often begin as paper-napkin doodles, move to freehand sketches and finish with creative products that connect emotionally with audiences”.
The university website describes the course like so;
This program is designed to prepare students for work as illustrators, comic artists, graphic novelists, cartoonists and storyboard artists.
- Practice freehand sketches and drawings
- Develop simple sketches into polished and complete ink drawings
- Use perspective to draw convincing environments, buildings and machinery
- Learn figure drawing principles to create human figures, facial expressions and fantasy characters
- Use standard graphic novel/comic/storyboarding formats to express ideas and story sequences
- Watchmen Lenticular Covers For Batman And Flash “The Button” Story Won’t Be In Previews – Retailers Have To Order Now - January 18, 2017
- Justice League/Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1 Gets A Nice New Cover For Its Second Print… - January 18, 2017
- Looks Like Captain Marvel Was Right About Civil War II – But Has The US President Abandoned Her? - January 18, 2017
- DC Comics’ New Gay Superhero, The Ray – In His Own Words - January 18, 2017
- Valiant Goes To Space – Six Pages From X-O Manowar #1 - January 18, 2017