Broadview Entertainment Arts University in Salt Lake City is launching a new course, earning student a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in the field of Comics And Sequential Art.
Why do I think Scott McCloud will be on the curriculum?
KSL News reports that the Broadview Dean as saying “This program is built for people who are passionate about telling stories that often begin as paper-napkin doodles, move to freehand sketches and finish with creative products that connect emotionally with audiences”.
The university website describes the course like so;
This program is designed to prepare students for work as illustrators, comic artists, graphic novelists, cartoonists and storyboard artists.
- Practice freehand sketches and drawings
- Develop simple sketches into polished and complete ink drawings
- Use perspective to draw convincing environments, buildings and machinery
- Learn figure drawing principles to create human figures, facial expressions and fantasy characters
- Use standard graphic novel/comic/storyboarding formats to express ideas and story sequences
- Kirby Comics Opens in Hanover, Pennsylvania, Makes the Front Page - January 20, 2018
- Al Ewing Has a “Most Awesome, Mind-Bending Miniseries Ever” Coming from Marvel Comics - January 20, 2018
- First Peek at Wild’s End Original Graphic Novel by Dan Abnett and INJ Culbard - January 20, 2018
- 28-Page Preview of Super Suckers #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 20, 2018
- A Chat with Travis McIntire, Publisher of Source Point Press - January 20, 2018