Originally set for release in the summer, Judd Apatow’s This Is 40 has now been pushed back to December, and awards season. Interesting move – and one that could have been motivated by any number of things.
But whatever the reason, I wish I didn’t have to wait so long. It’s been two and a half years since Apatow’s last picture, Funny People, and I’m jonesing for some more.
The first image released from This Is 40 seems to hint that Pete, of Pete and Debbie, the couple played in Knocked Up by Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann, is going to specifically turn 40 during the film. We can also suppose – spoiler of spoilers – that there’s going to be some birthday cake for breakfast on the big day.
Mann, if you are unaware, is Apatow’s wife, and their children play Pete and Debbie’s kids in the film. This casting, as you’d expect, has led to a certain line of questioning. From The LA Times:
Paul and Debbie’s travails, Mann said, are partly are based on [her] 14-year marriage [to the director]. “The good moments are me and Judd.”
The bad ones?
“Oh, those are all Paul Rudd and his wife.”
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014