Dave Elliot has often been afacillitator of other people’s talents. Whether by working on Warrior Magazine, creating publisher Atomeka and A1 publications, developing comics at Radical and standing behind a new line of comics at Image.
But now the sister is doing it for himself.
Dave Elliott is writing his own graphic novel, Odyssey, drawn by Gary Gastonny, artist on Lady Death and Supergod for Avatar/Boundless and on Citadel and City And Dust for Radical. With Jim Steranko designing the logo and drawing the cover.
Elliott describes the graphic novel vaguely, saying;
I can tell you this much, the main character has hardly aged in the last 70 years. He is a superhero. Not the strongest but certainly the best.
We cover World War 2, the Iraq occupation and the occupation of Wall Street.
It’s Right leaning, Left leaning, Centralist and goes dabble with a little religion (just a little…)
I’m really happy that I get to work directly with Imaginary Friends Studios on one of my projects for a change. Greatest team on the planet!!
Garrie Gastonny who I worked with on both Caliber and The Vault is doing the art. Garrie’s wanted to do a superhero book for a while so I hope its everything he’s been wanting. Superheroes and villains pulverizing each other… What more could he want?
When’s it coming out? “Soon”. That’ll do…
- The Battle Over Whether Batman Is A Meta-Human Gets Increasingly Meta - July 28, 2017
- Drugs Raid Seizes Death Of Phoenix, 2nd Deadpool, 1st Bishop And Infinity Gauntlet - July 28, 2017
- The UN Turns To Comics To Save The World At San Diego Comic-Con - July 28, 2017
- The Six Big Questions Asked By Marvel Legacy #1 – But What Of The Child? - July 28, 2017
- The X-Men’s Origins Retold In 8 Page Preview Of Ed Piskor’s X-Men: Grand Design - July 28, 2017