Dave Elliot has often been afacillitator of other people’s talents. Whether by working on Warrior Magazine, creating publisher Atomeka and A1 publications, developing comics at Radical and standing behind a new line of comics at Image.
But now the sister is doing it for himself.
Dave Elliott is writing his own graphic novel, Odyssey, drawn by Gary Gastonny, artist on Lady Death and Supergod for Avatar/Boundless and on Citadel and City And Dust for Radical. With Jim Steranko designing the logo and drawing the cover.
Elliott describes the graphic novel vaguely, saying;
I can tell you this much, the main character has hardly aged in the last 70 years. He is a superhero. Not the strongest but certainly the best.
We cover World War 2, the Iraq occupation and the occupation of Wall Street.
It’s Right leaning, Left leaning, Centralist and goes dabble with a little religion (just a little…)
I’m really happy that I get to work directly with Imaginary Friends Studios on one of my projects for a change. Greatest team on the planet!!
Garrie Gastonny who I worked with on both Caliber and The Vault is doing the art. Garrie’s wanted to do a superhero book for a while so I hope its everything he’s been wanting. Superheroes and villains pulverizing each other… What more could he want?
When’s it coming out? “Soon”. That’ll do…
- Twenty-Three Uses For An Overshipped Marvel Comic - January 19, 2017
- Chris Ware, Cosey And Larcenet Are Three Finalists For Angoulême’s Grand Prix , After Alan Moore Pulled Out Again - January 19, 2017
- VIDEO – Stan Lee Unboxes His First Box As His Second Goes Silver Age - January 19, 2017
- Image And Boom Are Diamond’s Comics Publishers Of The Year – The 2016 Gem Awards Results - January 19, 2017
- What If DC Were Publishing A Batman/Shadow Comic By Snyder, Orlando And Rossmo, But No One Made A Sound? - January 19, 2017