It wasn’t long ago I heard that Chris Powell, manager of Lone Star Comicsand MyComicShop.com was to take a specific senior position in the comic book industry. I didn’t run the story because talking to the company in question, it just wasn’t true. Loks like the source may have got the story right, but the company wrong.
Now I understand that Powell will move to Maryland to become Diamond Comic Distributors’ Executive Director of Business Development for the comic book speciality market, with a mission to increase the number of comic stores in the market, and help existing stores expand. This was an aim of the company as expressed at San Diego Comic Con, and it appears Powell will be givn the task of making it flesh.
Powell was a founder of ComicsPro and served as President of the CBLDF. He will begin his new role in March.
- Action Lab Puts Five Million Comics In The Classroom, Announces Kid Sherlock, Albert Einstein: Time Mason, Stray, Midnight Tiger And The Ghost, The Owl - April 27, 2017
- Heading Towards 100,000 For X-O Manowar #1’s Third Printing - April 27, 2017
- Leo Baxendale, Creator Of The Bash Street Kids, Dies At 86 - April 27, 2017
- Bumping The Numbers On The 25-Cent Saga #43 By Bryan K Vaughan And Fiona Staples - April 27, 2017
- Exclusive: A Few DC Covers For May, From Gary Frank To Frank Cho To Jim Lee To Emanuela Lupacchino To Jenny Frison - April 27, 2017