Marvel sweeps the top spots today with a trio of unrelated tidbits. I’m curious to see where the Marcus Johnson mystery goes in particular, because if Rich is right, those clues should start becoming more and more frequent, very soon.
Most-Read Comic Stories
I have been backwards about coming forwards about my admiration for Jason Aaron and Chris Bachalo’s work on the new Wolverine And The X-Men series. Set in school, with lots of text, panels fighting for space and a cast of hundreds, it both reminds me of Grant Morrison X-Men, and a period around Uncany X-Men 200, dense, busy, full of ideas.
Because, as we all know, Sandman is Sandman done right. But can there be any other challengers?
Bleeding Cool has been following the theory that Marcus Johnson, mysterious star of Battle Scars, is Nick Fury’s son, and potentially creating a new black Nick Fury in the standard Marvel Universe in time for the Avengers movie, starring Samuel L Jackson in the role.
Most-Read TV/Film Stories Today:
As it is has been left to the discretion of cinema chains when they will start selling tickets, we probably shouldn’t expect a big, centralised announcement from Warner Bros. indicating when the majority of screenings for The Dark Knight Rises are going to be on sale.
The Early Learning Centre is a British retail chain specialising in toys for young children with an educative agenda. Videogame developer Ross Mills found it odd that they would be selling Anakin Skywalker toys there, from a variety of manufacturers including Lego, and decided to write a letter.
As well as a cover shot of Christian Bale in his Sunday (night) best, there’s more pics and an article inside. Chris Nolan apparently gets into conversations about – and you may consider this to contain weeny, minor spoilers:
- What Does Epcot Announcement Mean For Guardians Of The Galaxy 4 And Beyond? - July 15, 2017
- Roswell, The Beginnings Of The UFO Craze And What It Has To Do With DC Comics - July 8, 2017
- Image Comics, Howard Chaykin Issue Apology, Pull Cover For Divided States Of Hysteria #4 - July 1, 2017
- The Secret Origin Of Spider-Man’s “Friendly Neighborhood” - June 26, 2017
- Did Somebody Say Madam Satan? Pep Comics #16 Heats Up At Auction - June 16, 2017