Batman: Leviathan Strikes collected the final two issues of what would have been the end of Batman Incorporated, before a stretched schedule and the impending New 52 relaunch knocked them off the schedule. And, after some fun with Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Rihanna and Madonna, ended with a big To Be Continued in Leviathan! line.
Well, the other shoe has dropped, as DC have today announced a new Batman Incorporated series from Grant Morrison and Chris Burnham (art above), continuing the crime family story, and the Bruce Wayne franchise across the world. The revelation in the last issue that the identity of the head of Leviathan is Talia al Ghul, ex of Batman and mother of Robin. And the revelation that Batman is as tied into this crime family as anyone.
USA Today quotes Grant Morrison as saying “We’ve been setting up this big massive family drama to finish the whole thing with the kid caught in the middle… if we survive the Mayan apocalypse.”
- Action Lab Puts Five Million Comics In The Classroom, Announces Kid Sherlock, Albert Einstein: Time Mason, Stray, Midnight Tiger And The Ghost, The Owl - April 27, 2017
- Heading Towards 100,000 For X-O Manowar #1’s Third Printing - April 27, 2017
- Leo Baxendale, Creator Of The Bash Street Kids, Dies At 86 - April 27, 2017
- Bumping The Numbers On The 25-Cent Saga #43 By Bryan K Vaughan And Fiona Staples - April 27, 2017
- Exclusive: A Few DC Covers For May, From Gary Frank To Frank Cho To Jim Lee To Emanuela Lupacchino To Jenny Frison - April 27, 2017