The announcement that Walt Simonson will do a six issue stint with Bendis on The Avengers seems to have everyone’s attention today, and with good reason. Not only is Simonson a fantastic artist and storyteller, but he understands how to develop that sense of wonder with his work as well as anyone who has drawn a comic in the past 25 years. (below is a Hero Initiative sketch cover by Simonson from a couple years back)
Most-Read Comic Stories Today:
Meanwhile, Keith and Dan are plotting some really star-spanning stuff for Supes, though before that we’ll be doing an event between SUPERMAN, SUPERGIRL and SUPERBOY in the summer. Superman hasn’t met Superboy yet, and his relationship with Supergirl isn’t exactly lovey dovey. Seeing how they function as a unit under those circumstances should be interesting, to say the least.
Walt Simonson is the new artist of The Avengers comic, with Brian Bendis, starting with issue 25, for six issues. And it’s all very Avengers Vs X-Men.
How can Spider-Man fight Ice Man? Isn’t he one of the Amazing Friends? Was my childhood watching terrible Marvel cartoons in vain? And what about Ms Lion, which side will benefit from her kung fu skills?
Most-Read TV/Film Stories Today:
The Early Learning Centre is a British retail chain specialising in toys for young children with an educative agenda. Videogame developer Ross Mills found it odd that they would be selling Anakin Skywalker toys there, from a variety of manufacturers including Lego, and decided to write a letter.
Already pretty deep into development, but so-far stalled due to budget and technical concerns, the live action Star Wars show is one of the great undelivered promises in modern TV (somewhere just behind season four of Veronica Mars and something, anything more for Firefly).
First to lay out many of their plans are Universal. As well as revamping their globe logo with a new look and new audio, with this new version set to premiere with The Lorax in February, they’re also promising a new wave of restorations and reissues from their catalogue.
- Starting Today: CGC Insider – Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Comic Book Grading, And More - January 19, 2017
- The Rock Talks #BlackAdam And The Entire DCU: “Hope, Optimism & FUN… Prepare Yourselves DC Universe” - January 11, 2017
- Alien: Covenant Short Teaser Starts Unwrapping Your Christmas Present A Day Early - December 24, 2016
- Milwaukee Bucks Owner Marc Lasry Sells Wonder Woman #1 CGC 9.0 ‘Solicitation Copy’ For Record $291,100 - December 14, 2016
- Transformers: The Last Knight Poster – What… Has Happened To Bumblebee? - December 13, 2016