I was about to comment that Garrett Hedlund wouldn’t have won many new fans with Tron: Legacy but I suppose he did, as they got to around 11 or 12 and started being interested in “boys.” It’s going to be a lot safer to say he wouldn’t have won many new fans old enough to drive a Heavy Goods Vehicle.
But the chap can sing, and that was in evidence in Country Strong. Variety share this observation in noting that Hedlund has been cast in the Coen Bros. Inside Llewyn Davis, a film that will require musical chops from many the cast.
We can assume they’ve cast him in a singing role. They surely wouldn’t have cast him otherwise… would they?
The lead role in the film has gone to Oscar Isaac, with Carey Mulligan and Justin Timberlake also in key roles.
Hedlund would not have been able to take this role had the live action Akira been going ahead as planned. Instead, that’s in intensive care and the Coens. have made one of their most unexpected casting moves to date.
Hedlund is also in Walter Salles adaptation of On the Road, with his potential Akira co-star, Kristen Stewart. That appears to be headed to Cannes this May, having missed a once-planned release in December.
Watch Hedlund and Stewart go and give two of the best performances of the year now, just to upset the internet.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014