There was a teaser clip uploaded to YouTube before Christmas promising something at 8.15pm on Sunday 8th January for viewers of ITV. Earlier today, Duncan Jones shared a link to that tease on twitter, immediately linking himself to it.
A quick check of the schedules revealed that 8.15 was part way through the run-time of Dancing on Ice, and that really didn’t seem like something Duncan Jones would be hyping. Obviously this was going to be a new commercial.
And so it was, and here it is:
Nicely done. I was most amused by the use of Tubular Bells once I saw who the client was, and as the concept for the ad came clear.
Shortly after the ad aired, Jones tweeted the following:
There is quite a lot miniature work in the ad, mixed with the CG and good old fashioned live action.
Jones is an admitted fan of Gilliam’s Brazil and you’ll see similarities in the look of his green model landscape here, not to mention the reveal that we’re looking at a small-scale scene in a glass case. How could I not be charmed by that?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014