Some people refer to the Kapow convention in London as MillarCon. Funded by Titan who publish Mark Millar’s CLiNT, it was run by his partner, and featured a number of guests closely linked to Mark Millar. And at the show, Mark Millar ran a number of panels, did some signings and happily chatted in the bar with friends and fans.
But he didn’t actually call it Millarcon. While Millar has a reputation for bombastic bravado that strains at the edges of reality, there are certain steps that he wouldn’t take (although these are expected to be tested next week when Mark Millar launches Millarworld Week with Comic Book Resources).
However, Grant Morrison has no such qualms!
With the comic store Isotope and iFanboy’s money from Graphic.Ly, this autumn will see Morrisoncon come to… well, they aren’t saying, but with Isotope’s involvement, one might consider somewhere in and around San Francisco.
You can sign up at the website for what is described as a one time only, nine creator event. Kapow however is back for a second year and has a bunch more names. Including people off of the telly, and everything.
However, it is very unlikely that Mark Millar will DJ at Kapow. But you just try and keep Morrison away from those decks…
- Comics Folk Eat Popcorn While Reading The #FyreFestival Hashtag… - April 28, 2017
- Unboxing April 2017’s Loot Crate And Skybound – With Comics From X-Files To Extremity… - April 28, 2017
- Digital Sales Down, Print Sales Up, The Paperback Is Powering Back Up - April 28, 2017
- There Will Be Two America #4 Comics In Comic Stores A Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017
- Two Iowa Comic Book Stores Close, One Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017