Some people refer to the Kapow convention in London as MillarCon. Funded by Titan who publish Mark Millar’s CLiNT, it was run by his partner, and featured a number of guests closely linked to Mark Millar. And at the show, Mark Millar ran a number of panels, did some signings and happily chatted in the bar with friends and fans.
But he didn’t actually call it Millarcon. While Millar has a reputation for bombastic bravado that strains at the edges of reality, there are certain steps that he wouldn’t take (although these are expected to be tested next week when Mark Millar launches Millarworld Week with Comic Book Resources).
However, Grant Morrison has no such qualms!
With the comic store Isotope and iFanboy’s money from Graphic.Ly, this autumn will see Morrisoncon come to… well, they aren’t saying, but with Isotope’s involvement, one might consider somewhere in and around San Francisco.
You can sign up at the website for what is described as a one time only, nine creator event. Kapow however is back for a second year and has a bunch more names. Including people off of the telly, and everything.
However, it is very unlikely that Mark Millar will DJ at Kapow. But you just try and keep Morrison away from those decks…
- Duncan Fegredo And Laurence Campbell Launch BPRD: The Devil You Know, At Orbital Comics In London Tomorrow - July 25, 2017
- Nine Worlds Geekfest Of London Launches Over 200 Events In Three Days Of August - July 25, 2017
- Diamond Says X-O Manowar #1 Was 10th Bestselling Comic In March, Not 12th As Previously Reported - July 24, 2017
- Marvel Comics To Publish Sampler Volume For Star Wars Reads Day In October - July 24, 2017
- Zack Kaplan And Andrea Mutti’s New Comic ‘Port Of Earth’ Coming From Image Comics In November - July 24, 2017