Some people refer to the Kapow convention in London as MillarCon. Funded by Titan who publish Mark Millar’s CLiNT, it was run by his partner, and featured a number of guests closely linked to Mark Millar. And at the show, Mark Millar ran a number of panels, did some signings and happily chatted in the bar with friends and fans.
But he didn’t actually call it Millarcon. While Millar has a reputation for bombastic bravado that strains at the edges of reality, there are certain steps that he wouldn’t take (although these are expected to be tested next week when Mark Millar launches Millarworld Week with Comic Book Resources).
However, Grant Morrison has no such qualms!
With the comic store Isotope and iFanboy’s money from Graphic.Ly, this autumn will see Morrisoncon come to… well, they aren’t saying, but with Isotope’s involvement, one might consider somewhere in and around San Francisco.
You can sign up at the website for what is described as a one time only, nine creator event. Kapow however is back for a second year and has a bunch more names. Including people off of the telly, and everything.
However, it is very unlikely that Mark Millar will DJ at Kapow. But you just try and keep Morrison away from those decks…
- The Small Town Barbeque Vampires Of “Redneck” By Donny Cates, Lisandro Estherren And Dee Cunniffe From Image/Skybound In April - January 23, 2017
- Topps To Publish A Trump-Based Garbage Pail Kids Comic – Donald Dump! - January 23, 2017
- What Will Happen To Task Force X After Justice League Vs Suicide Squad? Just Ask Grant Morrison (SPOILERS) - January 23, 2017
- Speculator Corner: Star Wars #49 – The Last Jedi – From Marvel Comics - January 23, 2017
- Scott Lobdell Writes Aspen’s Crossover Series, No World, Debuting In April 2017 - January 23, 2017