One of my most beloved films of the last year was Studio Ghibli’s Arrietty, which arrives on UK DVD and Blu-ray thus Monday, January 9th – nicely ahead of the US theatrical release in mid-February, so importers take note.*
I’ve procured a clip from the film which shows off some of its different moods. Please be patient with the loading time.
From the quiet and contemplative, to the explosive, almost nightmarish threat, to a little touch of the more expressively “cartoony” in the last few seconds there. And there’s a lot more in the film, particularly of the threat and danger, as well as a real sense of adventure and excitement.
Really, it’s quite, quite superb.
Previously: Olivia Colman on her role in the film and also Paddy Considine’s Tyrannosaur.
*Also note that Studio Canal’s UK release has a UK voice cast including Saoirse Ronan, Olivia Colman and Mark Strong, while the US will have Bridgit Mendler, Amy Poehler and Will Arnett who don’t seem to fit so well. Of course, the DVD and Blu-ray also includes the original Japanese tracks, which would be my recommendation.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014