Before it had shipped to comic stores, Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips’s Fatale had sold out to retailers, burning through the overprint and ensuring a second print coming out next month.
But what of the first print? It’s been well promoted and well sold and whizzing out of comic shops all over the place. The reviews are great too. Retailers are usually better at judging demand for a Brubaker/Phillips comic, but I still expect it to be below what they might get for Criminal, so there could be an underjudged demand that speculators could take advantage of. It also comes in two covers – but one is a little rarer than the other. The “Beast” cover only has about half the copies printed as the “Beauty” cover. So, that’s around a 2:1 allocation.
Basically, if you’re thinking of speculating on this one, go ugly.
Just don’t get confused by the Broaday Comics Fatale from a decade and a bit ago.
- Anders Nilsen’s Cover For Fantagraphics’ Launch Of All Time Comics: Atlas In May 2017 - February 21, 2017
- A Comic Convention Like They Used To Be – The SD Comic Fest, Last Weekend - February 21, 2017
- The Statue Based On Frank Cho’s Wonder Woman Covers - February 21, 2017
- “Decadent, Imperialist Style” – 2000AD 40th Anniversary Special, The Bleeding Cool Review - February 21, 2017
- Adam Glass And Dennis Calero’s The Normals Debuts From AfterShock Comics In May 2017 - February 21, 2017