Before it had shipped to comic stores, Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips’s Fatale had sold out to retailers, burning through the overprint and ensuring a second print coming out next month.
But what of the first print? It’s been well promoted and well sold and whizzing out of comic shops all over the place. The reviews are great too. Retailers are usually better at judging demand for a Brubaker/Phillips comic, but I still expect it to be below what they might get for Criminal, so there could be an underjudged demand that speculators could take advantage of. It also comes in two covers – but one is a little rarer than the other. The “Beast” cover only has about half the copies printed as the “Beauty” cover. So, that’s around a 2:1 allocation.
Basically, if you’re thinking of speculating on this one, go ugly.
Just don’t get confused by the Broaday Comics Fatale from a decade and a bit ago.
- A Very Fast Run Through the Sonic #1 WonderCon 2018 Variant - March 23, 2018
- More Action Comics #1000 Covers from Jim Lee, Olivier Coipel, Dave Dorman, and Felipe Massafera - March 23, 2018
- Marvel Uses Father’s Day to Promote Marvel Rising and Marvel Super Hero Adventures - March 23, 2018
- Sneak Peek at The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: The Tempest from WonderCon 2018 - March 23, 2018
- Only the First Printing of DC Nation #0 Will Be 25 Cents - March 23, 2018