Before it had shipped to comic stores, Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips’s Fatale had sold out to retailers, burning through the overprint and ensuring a second print coming out next month.
But what of the first print? It’s been well promoted and well sold and whizzing out of comic shops all over the place. The reviews are great too. Retailers are usually better at judging demand for a Brubaker/Phillips comic, but I still expect it to be below what they might get for Criminal, so there could be an underjudged demand that speculators could take advantage of. It also comes in two covers – but one is a little rarer than the other. The “Beast” cover only has about half the copies printed as the “Beauty” cover. So, that’s around a 2:1 allocation.
Basically, if you’re thinking of speculating on this one, go ugly.
Just don’t get confused by the Broaday Comics Fatale from a decade and a bit ago.
- J Michael Straczynski On The Importance – Or Not – Of Superman’s Red Shorts - January 16, 2017
- Clone Conspiracy #4 Goes Back To Amazing Fantasy #15 – But Not Quite In The Way You MightThink - January 16, 2017
- How Jason Fabok’s Watchmen Covers For Batman And Flash In April Came About… - January 16, 2017
- Unfollow And Clean Room: Season One End With #18 – More Frankensteining DC Solicits For April 2016 As $3.99 Is The New $2.99 - January 16, 2017
- Jessica Jones Meets Roger Rabbit – Black Cloud #1, Out This April, From Jason Latour, Ivan Brandon, Greg Finkle, Matt Wilson And Image Comics - January 16, 2017