Before it had shipped to comic stores, Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips’s Fatale had sold out to retailers, burning through the overprint and ensuring a second print coming out next month.
But what of the first print? It’s been well promoted and well sold and whizzing out of comic shops all over the place. The reviews are great too. Retailers are usually better at judging demand for a Brubaker/Phillips comic, but I still expect it to be below what they might get for Criminal, so there could be an underjudged demand that speculators could take advantage of. It also comes in two covers – but one is a little rarer than the other. The “Beast” cover only has about half the copies printed as the “Beauty” cover. So, that’s around a 2:1 allocation.
Basically, if you’re thinking of speculating on this one, go ugly.
Just don’t get confused by the Broaday Comics Fatale from a decade and a bit ago.
- The Cosplay, Creators And Comics Of Lagos Comic-Con 2017, Nigeria’s Biggest Geek Gathering To Date - September 19, 2017
- Comic Store In Your Future – Image Coming Soon - September 19, 2017
- What Do Black Mirror’s San Junipero And This Weekend’s Thought Bubble Have In Common? - September 19, 2017
- There’s A Mark Strong/Halle Berry Love Scene In Kingsman 2 That Didn’t Make The Cut - September 19, 2017
- Quantum & Woody’s “Most Variant Cover Of All Time!” – First Chromium, Lenticular, Die-Cut, Embossed, Fifth Ink, Double Foil, Hand-Numbered, Randomly Stickered… - September 19, 2017