If you’ve been keeping up to date with the Star Trek movie tie-in comics you may already know that production of the comics is overseen by Roberto Orci, co-writer and producer of J.J. Abrams’ 2009 reboot. With Orci’s help the comics have been outlining the adventures that occur between the end of the first movie and the beginning of the forthcoming sequel, as well as laying the groundwork for what we can expect to see in the next movie.
Mike Johnson, writer of the Star Trek comics, has revealed that he and Orci have been subtly planting clues about what we can expect in Star Trek 2. In the latest issue of the magazine, Johnson has said:
“One of the great things about working with Bob [Orci] is that we are able to use the ongoing series to very subtly lay in clues to the next movie. There might even be a tiny hint of a subplot in the first issue.” [Via trekmovie.com]
Issue #4 is released today and will conclude the retelling of the original series episode The Galileo Seven, and will apparently contain “thematic foreshadowing” for the movie. Apparently the clues will “not be like the Da Vinci Code [but] when you see the movie you will be able to look back to the comics and say, ‘oh I see what they did there.” So it’ll only be possible to spot them retrospectively?
Maybe there really are significant clues to be found, though it’s more likely that this is just a marketing scheme to try and sell more copies of the comics. I’m hoping that somewhere along the line these enormous alien apes show up, though.
- Jackie Chan Confirms Role In The Expendables 3 - December 17, 2012
- Garrett Hedlund Confirms Attachment To TRON 3 - December 13, 2012
- Lincoln And Argo Lead The 2013 Golden Globes Nominations - December 13, 2012
- James McAvoy And Mark Strong Star In New Trailer For Brit Action Thriller Welcome To The Punch - December 11, 2012
- The Asylum Finally Have One Of Their Mockbusters Blocked As Lawyers Stop Age Of The Hobbits - December 10, 2012