Good job by Brendon in discussing (and debunking, where necessary) the little clues that have come to light in various Dark Knight Rises marketing this year. I will always half think that the Superman symbol hidden in the poster is a true thing, though, even if it wasn’t specifically mandated by Christopher Nolan or WB marketing. That is totally the kind of thing I would sneak into (and have snuck into) a promotional image. Never trust a pixel pusher, folks. And don’t say I didn’t warn you.
Most-Read Comic Stories Today:
But how does this stand up with the new 52, and specifically Scott Lobdell?
Knowing that Batman: Leviathan Strikes! published yesterday from DC Comics would be set in St Hadrian’s did bring to mind images of a St Trinian’s girls school where the pupils are taught in the most extreme subjects possible.
It seems only yesterday that we discovered that the Invisibles Omnibus was on the way. Now we see Infinite Crisis Omnibus is on the way too.
Most-Read TV/Film Stories Today:
Before we get to the more sensible claims of Easter Eggs and possible clues hidden in the marketing materials for The Dark Knight Rises, let’s have a look at a couple of utterly preposterous and truly befuddling bits of conspiracy theory.
Bomb, eh? That’s one of those film titles like, say, Superbad or Cop Out that seems immediately destined for a mocking reference on some old bod’s film review radio show.*
But who’s this John Blake? Well, we think we know.
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle First Trailer - April 24, 2017
- Superman Lives: Official Justice League Movie Site Reveals Another (‘More Official’?) Team Shot With Superman - April 23, 2017
- ‘Happy Days’, ‘Joanie Loves Chaci’ Star Erin Moran Dead At 56 - April 22, 2017
- Frank Miller’s Sin City Goes Way Back In Time: Mid-20th Century, And Several Hundred Years Before That - April 22, 2017
- Frank Miller On His Possible Upcoming Superman Project, And The Genesis Of The Batman V Superman Dynamic - April 22, 2017