Well, it hasn’t. The confusion comes from the fact that Frozen has been given the date previously earmarked for the Dinosaur film – November 27th, 2013. That project has now been shunted aside though it will, I’m sure, will find a new place on the calendar soon.
Frozen is, in fact, an adaptation of Hans Christian Andersen’s The Snow Queen. You heard it here first.
Disney have been trying to adapt this story from some time, and it seems that they’ve finally cracked it. (The concept art I’ve used is some years old and could be very out of date. I really don’t know)
I was told about the film’s progress and its title earlier this week. At that time I was assured that the film was going to be hand drawn, but I just traded e-mails for clarification and was told “Don’t put your name to that…not quite yet.”
UPDATE NOTE: Another e-mail from another source, but well placed. They’re telling me that they’re certain the film is now set for CG.
Either way, the film is being released in 3D. Disney have proven that this is an option for hand-drawn pictures with their Lion King and Beauty and the Beast re-releases.
The title reflects that of Tangled, suggesting some relationship between the films. Perhaps this is a hint that it will now be made in CG, though again, wait for clarification.
What we can assume, though, is that the boy-friendly technique of running away from anything with girly words like “Princess” and “Queen” in the title is going to be a recurring Disney trick.
Well, whatever gets ’em in the seats, I suppose.
Now. Here’s a video of Peter Del Vecho, Disney producer telling me that Snow Queen was in the works, back in 2009. The project had been… erm… “put on ice” in the interim. I was glad to hear it’s back, and overjoyed that it has a release date.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014