Bleeding Cool reported two days ago on the cancellation of Marvel’s All Ages superhero titles Spider-Man and Super-Heroes in March – but also that there will be kids superhero titles published in April.
Well now we know what they are.
Marvel are launching a new format, Comic Reader, a 6 inch by 9 inch format publication tying in with the Avengers and the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoons. Avengers #1 will be published in April, with Ultimate Spider-Man #1 following in June. Here’s how Marvel describes the comics.
Spinning out of Disney XD’s cartoon series Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes and just in time for Marvel Studios 2012 blockbuster film The Avengers, these two all-ages adventures feature all the daring & destruction you can handle in the classic Mighty Marvel Manner! Join Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, the Hulk, Hawkeye and the rest of the Avengers as they do battle with the Crimson Dynamo, Mad Thinker, Awesome Android and the vilest villains the universe has to offer!
PETER PARKER has been SPIDER-MAN for ONE YEAR. He’s fought villains, saved lives,
but still has much to learn about being a super hero. NICK FURY is going to give Peter
the chance to go to the next level. To train to become a real super hero. To be THE ULTIMATE
SPIDER-MAN. These are action-packed, high-adrenaline & humorous Spidey
stories: S.H.I.E.L.D. missions, high adventure in the greater Marvel Universe, & Teen
High School Drama.
As well as these new formats, Chris Eliopoulos will be adapting the Ultimate Spider-Man Screen Cap Digest. Which is exactly what it sounds like, screencaps of the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoons with speech balloons…
With the Young Adult novels Bleeding Cool reported on earlier, this looks like the new face of comics – and novels – for kids at Marvel.
- Kirby Comics Opens in Hanover, Pennsylvania, Makes the Front Page - January 20, 2018
- Al Ewing Has a “Most Awesome, Mind-Bending Miniseries Ever” Coming from Marvel Comics - January 20, 2018
- First Peek at Wild’s End Original Graphic Novel by Dan Abnett and INJ Culbard - January 20, 2018
- 28-Page Preview of Super Suckers #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 20, 2018
- A Chat with Travis McIntire, Publisher of Source Point Press - January 20, 2018