It was a terribly engaging theory, that Superman was intended to have been replaced by a Sand creature back in 1988, as a possible get out to the Lois And Clark wedding. And only revealed when the annual in question was finaly printed many years later. Compiled by DB Hughes it was one of the most read articles on Bleeding Cool of the week.
Sadly, it wasn’t true.
Initially artist and writer of the story, Walt Simonson, told Bleeding Cool;
“All I can really say about this matter is that nothing I could say would be as interesting as the article.”
Which was fairly non-commital. Jerry Ordway, writer on Superman titles at the time was a lot clearer. He tweeted;
Think this is fun fan speculation, but not true at all.
Time to add it to the Hooded Justice/Captain Metropolis/Watchmen list…
- Comics Folk React To (Or Are Part Of) The Women’s Marches Against Donald Trump - January 21, 2017
- Peter Capaldi Joins The Anti-Trump Women’s March In London – Potential Spoiler For The 13th Doctor? - January 21, 2017
- Firefly Fans Represent In Anti-Trump Women’s March In Chicago… - January 21, 2017
- Is Nick Spencer Suited To Write Captain America If He Opposes Punching Nazis? We Asked Captain America In 1982 - January 21, 2017
- Wizard World No Longer Taking Credit Cards For Tables And Booths – Cheques And Cash Only - January 21, 2017