It was a terribly engaging theory, that Superman was intended to have been replaced by a Sand creature back in 1988, as a possible get out to the Lois And Clark wedding. And only revealed when the annual in question was finaly printed many years later. Compiled by DB Hughes it was one of the most read articles on Bleeding Cool of the week.
Sadly, it wasn’t true.
Initially artist and writer of the story, Walt Simonson, told Bleeding Cool;
“All I can really say about this matter is that nothing I could say would be as interesting as the article.”
Which was fairly non-commital. Jerry Ordway, writer on Superman titles at the time was a lot clearer. He tweeted;
Think this is fun fan speculation, but not true at all.
Time to add it to the Hooded Justice/Captain Metropolis/Watchmen list…
- Let There Be Light? Tomorrow’s Ultimates 2 #8 Tells The Very Beginning Of The Marvel Multiverse - April 25, 2017
- A Host Of New Comics Announced At C2E2 From Lion Forge - April 25, 2017
- An Unannounced Issue Of Surgeon X To Be Digitally Published Tomorrow, By Sara Kenney And Warren Pleece - April 25, 2017
- Marvel’s Agents Of Hydra Shout Sheets For Fitz And Simmons…. It’s Not Looking Good - April 25, 2017
- How Faith And Ninjak Went To Homecoming Together – Courtesy Of David Lafuente - April 25, 2017