Sacha Baron Cohen continues his mission to bend fact around fiction, and with the same political intentions.
He has today released a statement in the guise of his The Dictator character, His Excellency Admiral General Aladeen, commenting on the passing of Kim Jong-Il. It’s a swift PR move, made with confidence and reflects better on his comedy instinct than the trailer we saw last week.
I am saddened to learn of the passing of my dear friend Kim Jong-Il. Our thoughts go out to his wife and 813 children. “K-Jo” was a great leader, good friend and average doubles badminton partner. He died as he live, in 3-inch lifts. An extraordinary man, he did so much to spread compassion, wisdom and uranium throughout the world.
On behalf of myself, Ahmadinejad, Chavez and Newt Gingrich, we would like to welcome his son, Kin Jong Un into the “Axis of Evil.”
Aladeen and Kin Jong Un will be trading back issues of GI Joe before you know it.
This statement first appeared as a fax on The Huffington Post, complete with an actual, working telephone number. I called it, expecting a recorded message, and bottled it when a real person picked up. I knew I should have barred my number. I’m going to be on some kind of watch list now.
If anybody else calls, please find out who the number belongs to. I’m just going to shake in the corner like some kind of wuss.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014