DC’s New 52 Free Comic Book Day title, as well as showing off the best of the relaunched titles, will also offer retailers the chance to show themselves off too.
Customizable covers have become quite the rage, wth Avatar, IDW and Marvel offering multiple versions of covers for specific retailers who qualify.
But this time the cover works as specific ad for the store, with a special offer redeemable there, which means the retailer can use the comics for outreach. Distributing them at schools, coffee shops, cinema chains, and all giving those intrigued by the comic a reason to step foot into the store and get more.
And of course, giving certain collectors headaches as they try to get every last variant…
- Jenny Finn From Mike Mignola And Troy Nixey Returns In Dark Horse’s November 2017 Solicits - August 16, 2017
- The Who’s Who Of The Valiant Universe In Divinity #0 - August 16, 2017
- More Demonstrations As To How Marvel Legacy Came Up With Their Numbers - August 16, 2017
- Second Prints For Metal #1, Mister Miracle #1, Totally Awesome Hulk #22, Captain America #25 And Generations: Thors - August 16, 2017
- Official Pepe The Frog Enamel Pins Coming To Comic Stores In October – What Could Go Wrong? - August 16, 2017