It’s Saturday, so the grinding wheels of the movie industry have slowed right down. Better still, we’re just eight days from Christmas so there’s plenty of time to take a breather and catch up on some of the last few days’ most interesting video bits and pieces.
The second Ghost Rider film played at Butt Numb-a-thon last weekend where it was not well received. Still, it’s a Neveldine Taylor picture so there’s bound to be some unfettered camera play going on. They have fun on set, and that can be infectious.
Here’s the latest trailer for Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance:
And another second trailer, this time for the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney movie that Takashi Miike managed to fit in between Ninja Kids and The Legend of Love and Sincerity.
This next video is over 45 minutes long and is, essentially, the backstory of the Star Wars: The Old Republic videogame, as read by Lance Henriksen. It’s not much to look at, but Henriksen’s great, and it’s geek-pleasing to know people are still finding Star Wars stories worth telling, whatever the medium.
Will Ferrell is starring in a new Spanish-language comedy, Casa de mi Padre, though judging from this trailer, his particular comedy style has translated without much distortion at all. Very intriguing. And hats off to Ferrell for going to where the interesting movie is, even outside of the box a little.
Salmon Fishing in the Yemen has been adapted by Slumdog Millionaire‘s Simon Beaufoy for My Life As a Dog and What’s Eating Gilbert Grape director Lasse Hallstrom. It stars Ewan McGregor and Emily Blunt as a pair of attractive people hired by a sheik to bring fishing to the desert. For some reason.
Here’s the trailer, and a couple of clips from the film that prove McGregor is a master of both Pictionary and damp crotches.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014