Context is a funny thing. Put these image in a comic book and there may be an internet storm. Use them in Mozambique to advertise the need to check your breasts for potential cancerous lumps, and it would take the biggest, most insensitive prude to object.
So look for one or two of them in the forum comments below.
But as a message, it aims to extend the possiblity of breast cancer as a real risk to everyone, even the superheroine. But it also takes what some people may find an embarrassing task, and transforms it into something aspirational, glamourous… and as a result, acceptable.
It is also the closest thing we’ve had to a Marvel/DC crossover we’ve had in years.
The work was created by artist Halfy/Maifa, who has her own DeviantArt page featuring these female friendly, activist designs, as well as work like…
So, testicular cancer awareness ads featuring Namor, The Flash, Mr Fantastic and Lex Luthor anyone?
- Changes To Batman #38: Tom King And Travis Moore To Tell The Origin Of Bruce Wayne - November 22, 2017
- New Darkness, Cyber Force, Aphrodite V To Join New Witchblade In 2018 - November 22, 2017
- Black Friday Comic Store Deals For 2017: Part One - November 22, 2017
- Titan Comics Launches Bloodborne And Alisik Fall In February 2018 Solicits - November 22, 2017
- Black Mask Comics Launches ‘The Wilds’ And ‘Come Into Me’ In February 2018 Solicits - November 22, 2017