Continuing in the vein of the giant ‘Assemble’ poster we saw back in July Marvel have issued two new banner images to promote next year’s Avengers movie. You’ve probably seen them. If not, here they are.
Sure everyone likes Samuel L Jackson. And there’s no denying that any picture of Scarlett Johannson is going to be pleasing to gaze upon, but there can’t be many cinemagoers who are going to be sold by a picture of the supporting cast.
Focusing on the Number One banner, Cap’s helmet still looks a shade plasticky to me, but that big ‘A’ is there ready for Chris Evans to reprise the single greatest frame from a comic book ever.
It seems unlikely, almost to the point of impossibility, that this film could fail to be an absolute smash. With the arguable exception of The Dark Knight Rises there isn’t another 2012 movie that has such obvious box-office appeal.
But did we need these banner posters? Especially the B-team one? No, not really.
Are we glad we got them? Absolutely, yes.
- London Is The Centre Of The Universe. According To Thor. - February 25, 2014
- Thor: The Dark World — The Bleeding Cool Review - October 30, 2013
- Gravity — The Bleeding Cool Review - October 25, 2013
- Missing Doctor Who Episodes Finally Released And We Saw Two Today - October 10, 2013
- Remember We Said Elizabeth Olsen Was The Scarlet Witch? Now Nick Fury Says So Too - October 3, 2013