I understand that a plan has been made at Warner Bros to merge their show space at the 2012 San Diego Comic Con with that of DC Comics. Which would see DC Comics setting up shop within Warner Bros’ booth over on the movie side of the show floor. It’s not finalised and I understand DC’s Director of Events Fletcher Chu-Fong is fighting against the move, but already other publishers are being told about new space possibilities at San Diego next year.
Getting such space is considered nigh impossible, and normally only happens after a publisher goes bust. The waiting list for new booth space is long, especially for such prime space that DC has held. Given the chance, you might expect someone like Radical to make the move closer to the comics section, or for Marvel to expand their space.
But if DC does move to Warner Bros, that will rather change the centre of gravity for comic books at the show. 2012 will be a Batman Movie Summer after all.
DC Comics declined to comment. Obviously.
- An Earth/Krypton War, And More Comic Book Futures, Revealed Today – Action Comics #996, Judgement Day #1, X-Men Blue #20 SPOILERS - January 24, 2018
- Shout Sheet For Agents Of SHIELD S05E09 – The Revolution Begins - January 24, 2018
- Marvel 2-In-One #2 Gives Us a New Timeline for the Marvel Universe - January 24, 2018
- The Siegel and Shuster Lost Superman Story that Marv Wolfman Rescued as a Boy - January 23, 2018
- Thanos #15, Avengers #677 and #678 Go to Second Print Before Even Going on Sale - January 23, 2018