I understand that a plan has been made at Warner Bros to merge their show space at the 2012 San Diego Comic Con with that of DC Comics. Which would see DC Comics setting up shop within Warner Bros’ booth over on the movie side of the show floor. It’s not finalised and I understand DC’s Director of Events Fletcher Chu-Fong is fighting against the move, but already other publishers are being told about new space possibilities at San Diego next year.
Getting such space is considered nigh impossible, and normally only happens after a publisher goes bust. The waiting list for new booth space is long, especially for such prime space that DC has held. Given the chance, you might expect someone like Radical to make the move closer to the comics section, or for Marvel to expand their space.
But if DC does move to Warner Bros, that will rather change the centre of gravity for comic books at the show. 2012 will be a Batman Movie Summer after all.
DC Comics declined to comment. Obviously.
- Comics Folk React To (Or Are Part Of) The Women’s Marches Against Donald Trump - January 21, 2017
- Peter Capaldi Joins The Anti-Trump Women’s March In London – Potential Spoiler For The 13th Doctor? - January 21, 2017
- Firefly Fans Represent In Anti-Trump Women’s March In Chicago… - January 21, 2017
- Is Nick Spencer Suited To Write Captain America If He Opposes Punching Nazis? We Asked Captain America In 1982 - January 21, 2017
- Wizard World No Longer Taking Credit Cards For Tables And Booths – Cheques And Cash Only - January 21, 2017