I understand that a plan has been made at Warner Bros to merge their show space at the 2012 San Diego Comic Con with that of DC Comics. Which would see DC Comics setting up shop within Warner Bros’ booth over on the movie side of the show floor. It’s not finalised and I understand DC’s Director of Events Fletcher Chu-Fong is fighting against the move, but already other publishers are being told about new space possibilities at San Diego next year.
Getting such space is considered nigh impossible, and normally only happens after a publisher goes bust. The waiting list for new booth space is long, especially for such prime space that DC has held. Given the chance, you might expect someone like Radical to make the move closer to the comics section, or for Marvel to expand their space.
But if DC does move to Warner Bros, that will rather change the centre of gravity for comic books at the show. 2012 will be a Batman Movie Summer after all.
DC Comics declined to comment. Obviously.
- How Will 3D, VR, Streaming And Social Media Change Entertainment? Bigwigs Asked At San Diego Comic-Con - July 21, 2017
- Who Watches The Watchmen? Geoff Johns Does, At San Diego Comic-Con With The First Panels Of ‘Doomsday Clock’ - July 20, 2017
- Watch Halle Berry Chug A Glass Of Whisky At San Diego Comic-Con’s ‘Kingsman’ Panel - July 20, 2017
- The Props Of Blade Runner At San Diego Comic-Con – With A Surprise Appearance From Adam Savage - July 20, 2017
- Steven Moffat And Sue Vertue Talk Sherlock Holmes And Manga At San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2017