I understand that a plan has been made at Warner Bros to merge their show space at the 2012 San Diego Comic Con with that of DC Comics. Which would see DC Comics setting up shop within Warner Bros’ booth over on the movie side of the show floor. It’s not finalised and I understand DC’s Director of Events Fletcher Chu-Fong is fighting against the move, but already other publishers are being told about new space possibilities at San Diego next year.
Getting such space is considered nigh impossible, and normally only happens after a publisher goes bust. The waiting list for new booth space is long, especially for such prime space that DC has held. Given the chance, you might expect someone like Radical to make the move closer to the comics section, or for Marvel to expand their space.
But if DC does move to Warner Bros, that will rather change the centre of gravity for comic books at the show. 2012 will be a Batman Movie Summer after all.
DC Comics declined to comment. Obviously.
- Three Teases For 2017 And 2018 From Valiant In Their Free Comic Book Day Title #meh - April 26, 2017
- Valiant’s X-O Manowar #2 Sends New Characters To War - April 26, 2017
- A Look Ahead At The Loud House Graphic Novel For Free Comic Book Day - April 26, 2017
- Valiant Validated Signature Series Returns For Secret Weapons #1 - April 26, 2017
- Rewriting The Nature Of Paradise Island In Wonder Woman, Today (SPOILERS) - April 26, 2017