Big events mean big crossovers. Spin off series. Tie ins. During Civil War, sales of Black Panther topped six figures because it featured Civil War plot points. However Fear Itself didn’t seem to lift sales of crossover titles at all, and a number of spin off minis received very low orders indeed.
So what to do with Avengers Vs X-Men?
The comic will be a twelve issue biweekly series – the increased frequency of the title will mean that there are much less tie-ins than usual. There will be a the Avengers Vs X-Men: Front Line equivalent of a comic and you’ll see crossovers in Avengers, New Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, Wolverine & The X-Men, but the likes of X-Force, Thor or New Mutants should remain crossover free.
Maybe this could be an event that the average comic reader might be able to afford for once?
Depends how many of the comics are $3.99 I guess…
- Will Rosada Joins Catalyst Prime’s Free Comic Book Day - January 20, 2017
- Plague Of Locusts, Frogs Fall From Sky And Witchblade Returns As A TV Series Again - January 20, 2017
- Don’t Fear Kim Reaper…. Supernatural Romance Leads Oni Press’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 20, 2017
- Jim Lee And Tula Lotay’s Take On Warren Ellis And Jon Davis-Hunt’s The Wild Storm - January 20, 2017
- When Dark Knight Fan President Donald Trump Quoted Bane In His Inauguration Speech - January 20, 2017