Big events mean big crossovers. Spin off series. Tie ins. During Civil War, sales of Black Panther topped six figures because it featured Civil War plot points. However Fear Itself didn’t seem to lift sales of crossover titles at all, and a number of spin off minis received very low orders indeed.
So what to do with Avengers Vs X-Men?
The comic will be a twelve issue biweekly series – the increased frequency of the title will mean that there are much less tie-ins than usual. There will be a the Avengers Vs X-Men: Front Line equivalent of a comic and you’ll see crossovers in Avengers, New Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, Wolverine & The X-Men, but the likes of X-Force, Thor or New Mutants should remain crossover free.
Maybe this could be an event that the average comic reader might be able to afford for once?
Depends how many of the comics are $3.99 I guess…
- Are We Getting an Original Unity Omnibus from Valiant Entertainment? - January 21, 2018
- 24-Page Preview of Z-People #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 21, 2018
- More from Glenat’s Conan the Barbarian Series Starting This Year - January 21, 2018
- Hannah Blumenreich’s Official Free Comic Book Day 2018 Poster - January 21, 2018
- Jeepers Creepers by Marc Andreyko and Kewber Baal, from Dynamite in April - January 21, 2018