Big events mean big crossovers. Spin off series. Tie ins. During Civil War, sales of Black Panther topped six figures because it featured Civil War plot points. However Fear Itself didn’t seem to lift sales of crossover titles at all, and a number of spin off minis received very low orders indeed.
So what to do with Avengers Vs X-Men?
The comic will be a twelve issue biweekly series – the increased frequency of the title will mean that there are much less tie-ins than usual. There will be a the Avengers Vs X-Men: Front Line equivalent of a comic and you’ll see crossovers in Avengers, New Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, Wolverine & The X-Men, but the likes of X-Force, Thor or New Mutants should remain crossover free.
Maybe this could be an event that the average comic reader might be able to afford for once?
Depends how many of the comics are $3.99 I guess…
- Rewriting Superman From Scratch In Action Comics #978 – With A Little Help From Secret Origin - April 24, 2017
- The Fake Jack Kirby Art That Sold For Over $2500 On eBay? - April 24, 2017
- Let’s All Watch A Video About How Diamond Have Changed Their Olive Branch Distribution Centre - April 24, 2017
- Does Your Copy Of Secret Empire #0 Have A Misprint On Page 2? - April 24, 2017
- Process Is The Topic of the Day At C2E2’s Writing For Comics Panel - April 24, 2017