It’s in black and white and features Bach’s Air on the G string, so you know it must be a film for the stickiest corners of the art house crowd, right?
Actually, About the Pink Sky looks like a pretty accessible and potentially very compelling teen drama from Japan.
I still need to give you the official blurb from the Sundance brochure because it sells the dramatic hook in ways that trailer didn’t even seem to care about:
A high school girl finds a wallet full of money and tracks down its owner, leading to unexpected consequences for the girl and her friends.
The film was both written and directed by Keiichi Kobayashi, previously responsible for the (apparently) very different Wildcats in Strip Royale and Honey & Bunny the Secret Undercover Agent, neither of which I’ve seen, but both of which seem to be showcases for gravure idols in skimpy outfits.
So that’s three films right to the top of my Wanna Watch list, then.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014