It seems that Kirsten Dunst and Jim Sturgess have a taste for visually imaginative films built on fantastical conceits – she was in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Melancholia, he was in Heartless and Across the Universe, and is currently filming Cloud Atlas.
They come together in another such film, Juan Solanas‘ Upside Down.
We’ll finally get a chance to see the film in 2012, after a long period in post production. I’ve been given a whole bunch of stills from the film to run, alongside a couple of behind the scenes activity.
What you’ll see, and rather vividly in a number of these images, is that this film takes place across two worlds, each one the other way up.
Almost as obvious is the love story plotline, which could make great use of the “from opposite worlds” trope. Rarely will it have been realised so literally, anyway.
More on Upside Down soon…
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014