It is the best selling comic book in the world, each volume selling millions in their first week on sale in Japan. And today volume 59 of One Piece is released digitally in English at the same time as the print version is published in the USA.
And so is volume 60, but only digitally. Then next week volumes 61 and 62.
Suddenly digital is way ahead of the print schedule. This is indended to bring US digital readers up to date with Japanese releases, and combat the damage done to sales for Viz by illegal digital scanlations of this most popular comic.
What this does to print retailers, is another matter.
This move will also bring One Piece readers up to date with the comics’ serialisation in Shonen Jump, one of the best selling comics in America, which will be going digital only in January for similar reasons.
One Piece joins Naruto and Bleach in this advance-day-and-date program, with each series now having three volumes ahead of print.
- The “I’m Not Buying This For A Second” Death In Secret Empire #7 (SPOILERS) - July 26, 2017
- Zatanna As A Hogwarts Professor? Frank Cho’s Sketch Covers And Commissions From San Diego Comic-Con - July 26, 2017
- The Quite Definite Death Of [SPOILERS] In Flash #27 - July 26, 2017
- The Quite Definite Death Of [SPOILERS] In Faith And The Future Force #1 - July 26, 2017
- Original Wolverine Tops The Advance Reorder Lists – Is It Time For Marvel To Bring Him Back? - July 26, 2017