It is the best selling comic book in the world, each volume selling millions in their first week on sale in Japan. And today volume 59 of One Piece is released digitally in English at the same time as the print version is published in the USA.
And so is volume 60, but only digitally. Then next week volumes 61 and 62.
Suddenly digital is way ahead of the print schedule. This is indended to bring US digital readers up to date with Japanese releases, and combat the damage done to sales for Viz by illegal digital scanlations of this most popular comic.
What this does to print retailers, is another matter.
This move will also bring One Piece readers up to date with the comics’ serialisation in Shonen Jump, one of the best selling comics in America, which will be going digital only in January for similar reasons.
One Piece joins Naruto and Bleach in this advance-day-and-date program, with each series now having three volumes ahead of print.
- 31 Shots Of Cosplay From C2E2 Day 2 From Neon Leia To A Full Galactus - April 22, 2017
- Legacy Numbering, Classic And Modern Characters, Value Stamps And The Return Of FOOM To Marvel Comics – What Were Bleeding Cool Scoops? - April 22, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: Smile – It’s A Good Thirteenth Life - April 22, 2017
- Talking Hydra, Marvel, Nazis, Captain America On A Saturday Morning - April 22, 2017
- Heavy Metal Have Their Own Dark Matter To Launch This Weekend At C2E2 – And You Can Drink It - April 22, 2017