It is the best selling comic book in the world, each volume selling millions in their first week on sale in Japan. And today volume 59 of One Piece is released digitally in English at the same time as the print version is published in the USA.
And so is volume 60, but only digitally. Then next week volumes 61 and 62.
Suddenly digital is way ahead of the print schedule. This is indended to bring US digital readers up to date with Japanese releases, and combat the damage done to sales for Viz by illegal digital scanlations of this most popular comic.
What this does to print retailers, is another matter.
This move will also bring One Piece readers up to date with the comics’ serialisation in Shonen Jump, one of the best selling comics in America, which will be going digital only in January for similar reasons.
One Piece joins Naruto and Bleach in this advance-day-and-date program, with each series now having three volumes ahead of print.
- Will Rosada Joins Catalyst Prime’s Free Comic Book Day - January 20, 2017
- Plague Of Locusts, Frogs Fall From Sky And Witchblade Returns As A TV Series Again - January 20, 2017
- Don’t Fear Kim Reaper…. Supernatural Romance Leads Oni Press’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 20, 2017
- Jim Lee And Tula Lotay’s Take On Warren Ellis And Jon Davis-Hunt’s The Wild Storm - January 20, 2017
- When Dark Knight Fan President Donald Trump Quoted Bane In His Inauguration Speech - January 20, 2017