Monster director Patty Jenkins was lauded by many as a brave choice to direct the upcoming Thor sequel, and many others at least acknowledged how surprising it was that Marvel had signed somebody with a history in character driven, largely spectacle-free and squarely adult-focused fare.
But now, according to Deadline, she’s leaving the project. There is suggestion that the departure is in someway amicable:
Her exit had to do with creative differences, but the feeling is that she’ll probably end up working on one of these superhero films, but perhaps not on a sequel.
“One of these superhero films.”
So, was it problems with inherited cast? Not being able to remodel and restyle the look of the thing too much?
Marvel are apparently already talking to agencies about getting a replacement and fast. The film has a July 26th 2013 release date already set and, to meet that, wants to get up and running again soon.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014