Marvel publish Defenders #1 tomorrow. Here’s a reprint of a Bleeding Cool article from a month ago that gave you a kind of “taster’s menu” for the issue. Not so much spoilage as teasage.
This kind of article seemed to be popular for Point One and Fantastic Four #600. So let’s do another for the finished Defenders #1. Out in December, this is the last day retailers can order it to guarantee getting it on release day, so it seems opportune. Here are six very non spoilery tastes of what you might be experiencing in December when the book launches.
1. It Starts With Sandman
The threat to the world, the final iteration of The Worthy from Fear Itself, Nul, Destryer Of Worlds, is loose. And he’s having quite an effect on humanity, in a series of separate scenes. That reminded me completely of the effect that the capture of Sandman has on the world – though it’s probably as old as the hills. Works though.
2. Strange Gets Slut-Shamed
Looks like he’s been showing his Eye Of Asomoto around a little too much. For shame, Stephen, taking advantage of a student like that. You’re no better than Catwoman.
3. What If Hulk Had A Hulk?
The epilogue of Fear Itself #7 showed that Nul, Breaker Of Worlds has continued, separate from Hulk. And we see the scene with Hulk calling on the Defenders. But the explanation Hulk gives of what Nul is to him in this issue, and why he isn’t in the rest of the issue remains a haunting one.
3. Iron Fist Doesn’t Download Day-And-Date
It’s a fun juxtaposition that puts playboy billionaire superhero in a place that means he just can’t read his comics the way he likes. But what is he reading anyway?
4. The Return Of Marvelman. Or “Rvelman”
Classic Marvelman as well. Mick Anglo era. Could this be a teaser to whatever Marvel are planning with the character?
5. Ladies Night.
As well as the half naked Strange, the ladies get some Namor and Silver Surfer time with this issue. That thing aboiut male superheroes never appearing in a sexalised form? Here you go. Not to mention the shaved chest Hulk and Iron Fist leaping out of bed naked.
Oh and She Rulk? She gets some pants.
- Riz Ahmed And Billie Piper In Trailer For City Of Tiny Lights - January 19, 2017
- The Panels, Guest And Signing Schedules For 2000AD’s 40 Years Of Thrill-Power Festival Next Month - January 19, 2017
- Death’s Head Creators Hit Banbury, As Its Comic Con Returns - January 19, 2017
- Watchmen Lenticular Covers For Batman And Flash “The Button” Story Won’t Be In Previews – Retailers Have To Order Now - January 18, 2017
- Justice League/Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1 Gets A Nice New Cover For Its Second Print… - January 18, 2017