A pretty loud rumour was buzzing around the web a couple of days ago, but it was quickly swatted. I only really mention it now as a side bar, but, no, while Benicio Del Toro might well be playing the villain in the new Star Trek, his character won’t be Khan.
JJ Abrams told Hit Fix that the rumour is:
In more affirmative casting news, Deadline have confirmed that Peter Weller will have a “principal” role in the film. “Robocop becomes a member of the Borg” jokes are no doubt imminent.
Not that I’m suggesting that will be his actual casting. Far from it. I’ll bet my house that he won’t be playing a Borg role.
Trek starts shooting in 3D early in the new year and will be with us in May 2013.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014