Marvel Comics is launching a Digital Coupon scheme with their digital comics, redeemable for Marvel print comics. Buy a comic through the Marvel App and you will be emailed a link to download a $5 coupon with a link to their nearest comic shop. One per customer.
Retailers can then redeem the coupon code on the phone, and will receive a $5 credit from Marvel.
A $5 print coupon for spending as little as 99 cents on a digital comic? I’d buy that for a dollar.
Of course I’m not the audience. This is a blatant attempt to take the casual digital comic book reader and drive them into the comic shop. Where they can then be converted to the way of the comic collector.
And for retailers this should be a very welcome move. Publishers have been accused of taking print customers and turning them into digital customers. With Marvel, this is a very bold way to invest in the direct market by reversing that trend.
Also, expect a significant investment promoting this in the mainstream media.
- More Comics Folk Attend Anti-Trump Women’s Marches Around The World #WomensMarch - January 21, 2017
- James Hudnall Pleads For His Friends To Give Trump A Chance - January 21, 2017
- Comics Folk React To (Or Are Part Of) The Women’s Marches Against Donald Trump - January 21, 2017
- Peter Capaldi Joins The Anti-Trump Women’s March In London – Potential Spoiler For The 13th Doctor? - January 21, 2017
- Firefly Fans Represent In Anti-Trump Women’s March In Chicago… - January 21, 2017