Marvel Comics is launching a Digital Coupon scheme with their digital comics, redeemable for Marvel print comics. Buy a comic through the Marvel App and you will be emailed a link to download a $5 coupon with a link to their nearest comic shop. One per customer.
Retailers can then redeem the coupon code on the phone, and will receive a $5 credit from Marvel.
A $5 print coupon for spending as little as 99 cents on a digital comic? I’d buy that for a dollar.
Of course I’m not the audience. This is a blatant attempt to take the casual digital comic book reader and drive them into the comic shop. Where they can then be converted to the way of the comic collector.
And for retailers this should be a very welcome move. Publishers have been accused of taking print customers and turning them into digital customers. With Marvel, this is a very bold way to invest in the direct market by reversing that trend.
Also, expect a significant investment promoting this in the mainstream media.
- Marvel Comics To Get A New Fictional Eastern European Country (Punisher SPOILERS) - October 22, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters, 22nd October 2017 – Blink And You’ll Miss Her - October 22, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, 22nd October 2017, Marvel Legacy – “A Gamble We Lost Badly” - October 22, 2017
- So How Does Loki Become Sorcerer Supreme For Marvel Legacy Anyway? (SPOILERS) - October 21, 2017
- Rob Liefeld Vs. Diamond Over A Thousand Missing Comic Books - October 21, 2017