Marvel Comics is launching a Digital Coupon scheme with their digital comics, redeemable for Marvel print comics. Buy a comic through the Marvel App and you will be emailed a link to download a $5 coupon with a link to their nearest comic shop. One per customer.
Retailers can then redeem the coupon code on the phone, and will receive a $5 credit from Marvel.
A $5 print coupon for spending as little as 99 cents on a digital comic? I’d buy that for a dollar.
Of course I’m not the audience. This is a blatant attempt to take the casual digital comic book reader and drive them into the comic shop. Where they can then be converted to the way of the comic collector.
And for retailers this should be a very welcome move. Publishers have been accused of taking print customers and turning them into digital customers. With Marvel, this is a very bold way to invest in the direct market by reversing that trend.
Also, expect a significant investment promoting this in the mainstream media.
- Titans – The DC Live-Action TV Series Alongside Season 3 Of Young Justice, On DC’s Own Streaming TV Service For 2018 - April 25, 2017
- Caliber Comics Launch Five More Graphic Novels In July 2017 – From HP Lovecraft To Velda, Girl Detective - April 25, 2017
- Here’s A Better Look At The Mighty Mouse Artwork Shown At Diamond Summit - April 25, 2017
- A “Four Doctors” Crossover Begins In Titan Comics’ Doctor Who Series On September, And More - April 25, 2017
- What I Learned From Meeting With Ross Richie - April 25, 2017