The Gutters is a weekly web comic written by Ryan Sohmer and a gang of artists that satirises the comic book industry. Two weeks ago, they took a pot shot at Gareb Shamus, now ex-President and CEO of Wizard World. With a strip that is… no longer online, not in its original form at least.
Because, according to Sohmer, Gareb went to the artist’s place of employ – a well known boys toys brand – and tried to get the artist fired as a result of the strip.
Ryan doesn’t name Gareb by name. But he makes it very clear indeed.
“Should you find yourself the subject matter of a Gutters page, and take offense to it, don’t go after my artists. Should you be so offended that you attempt to get someone fired from their day job, don’t be a coward.
“Come after me.
“My e-mail is Sohmer@blindferret.com, I will gladly provide you with my contact information, as well as that of our legal department.
“I take sole responsibility for every comic and news post on this site.”
Ryan seems to have no such correspondence. He has removed the original strip, and… replaced it with exactly the same strip, redrawn by Lar Desouza.
- You Are Invited to the Wedding of Kitty Pryde and Colossus… - January 18, 2018
- Avengers #676 and Ice Cream Man #1 Sell Out, Go to Second Printing - January 18, 2018
- …And a New Face for Iron Circus Comics, No Longer at Diamond - January 18, 2018
- New Faces at Diamond Comic Distributors… - January 18, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Doom Patrol #12 Orders, Delays It Until at Least April - January 18, 2018