The Gutters is a weekly web comic written by Ryan Sohmer and a gang of artists that satirises the comic book industry. Two weeks ago, they took a pot shot at Gareb Shamus, now ex-President and CEO of Wizard World. With a strip that is… no longer online, not in its original form at least.
Because, according to Sohmer, Gareb went to the artist’s place of employ – a well known boys toys brand – and tried to get the artist fired as a result of the strip.
Ryan doesn’t name Gareb by name. But he makes it very clear indeed.
“Should you find yourself the subject matter of a Gutters page, and take offense to it, don’t go after my artists. Should you be so offended that you attempt to get someone fired from their day job, don’t be a coward.
“Come after me.
“My e-mail is Sohmer@blindferret.com, I will gladly provide you with my contact information, as well as that of our legal department.
“I take sole responsibility for every comic and news post on this site.”
Ryan seems to have no such correspondence. He has removed the original strip, and… replaced it with exactly the same strip, redrawn by Lar Desouza.
- How Jason Fabok’s Watchmen Covers For Batman And Flash In April Came About… - January 16, 2017
- Unfollow And Clean Room: Season One End With #18 – More Frankensteining DC Solicits For April 2016 As $3.99 Is The New $2.99 - January 16, 2017
- Jessica Jones Meets Roger Rabbit – Black Cloud #1, Out This April, From Jason Latour, Ivan Brandon, Greg Finkle, Matt Wilson And Image Comics - January 16, 2017
- CBLDF Tackles New Hampshire Bill That Would Restrict Reading In Schools - January 16, 2017
- Russia Uses Comics To Target Migrants For Looking At Women, Eating On The Street Or Talking Loudly - January 16, 2017