The Geffen Playhouse have updated their site with a piece of promotional artwork and a little blurb for their upcoming production of The Exorcist.
The most chilling test of faith come to life on stage. This world premiere adaptation of the famous 1971 novel documenting the terror and redemption of a ten-year-old girl remains as frightening and relevant as when first experienced. Under the direction of Tony Award winner John Doyle and adapted by acclaimed playwright John Pielmeier (Agnes of God), The Exorcist transforms the unsettling battles of good versus evil, faith versus fact and ego versus ethos into a uniquely theatrical experience as sophisticated as it is suspenseful.
The production is scheduled for July 3rd until August 12th next Summer.
You may recall that I told you how Teller, of Penn &… fame was involved in the production. His role, apparently, was to workshop the special effects and illusion techniques that are going to bring the impossible to life on the stage.
If anybody can do it, he can, and I have to say, there’s a lot of appeal in the idea of being there, in a room, with all of this terrible, terrible stuff going down right in front of your eyes…
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014