Yesterday I ran what I believe is the first definitive creator casting for one of a number of Watchmen prequel mini-series, from a primary source. “Watchmen 2” rapidly became the highest Twitter trending topic in the world. I’m not sure if that’s ever happened for a comic before.
But it also unearthed a couple of other potential castings from… let’s call them secondary sources. An amber light if you will.
Ones that have seem to have Darwyn Cooke talking about writing a Comedian series.
Others that have Darwyn Cooke arriving at the Canadian Fan Expo unannounced, to take Joe Kubert out for lunch. And the discussion? Reportedly, a Nite Owl series mini-series by Andy Kubert with his father, Joe Kubert, participating. Something that involved the original Nite Owl and his successor. Drawn by a father/son team.
I can’t judge as to the veracity of these. But doesn’t the idea of a Kubert/Kubert Nite Owl/Nite Owl II series just feel so right in your gut?
The other word I’ve had about Dave Gibbons’ involvement from the same sources as above, is that it’s not exactly an active one, more passive acquiescence – “for this wave”. Could four prequel mini-series just be the start?
I’ve also been told that NYCC was the intended venue to announce this project, but I should now look to January…
- Dr Strange Lush – How Alan Moore Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bath Bomb - October 23, 2017
- Sink #1 From ComixTribe Goes To Second Printing – “Get In The Van!” - October 23, 2017
- Richard Corben Returns To Heavy Metal Magazine - October 23, 2017
- Armando Iannucci Comes To Forbidden Planet In London Tomorrow - October 23, 2017
- Rick Veitch’s Boy Maximortal: Killing Every Fancypants Fascist - October 23, 2017