Yesterday I ran what I believe is the first definitive creator casting for one of a number of Watchmen prequel mini-series, from a primary source. “Watchmen 2” rapidly became the highest Twitter trending topic in the world. I’m not sure if that’s ever happened for a comic before.
But it also unearthed a couple of other potential castings from… let’s call them secondary sources. An amber light if you will.
Ones that have seem to have Darwyn Cooke talking about writing a Comedian series.
Others that have Darwyn Cooke arriving at the Canadian Fan Expo unannounced, to take Joe Kubert out for lunch. And the discussion? Reportedly, a Nite Owl series mini-series by Andy Kubert with his father, Joe Kubert, participating. Something that involved the original Nite Owl and his successor. Drawn by a father/son team.
I can’t judge as to the veracity of these. But doesn’t the idea of a Kubert/Kubert Nite Owl/Nite Owl II series just feel so right in your gut?
The other word I’ve had about Dave Gibbons’ involvement from the same sources as above, is that it’s not exactly an active one, more passive acquiescence – “for this wave”. Could four prequel mini-series just be the start?
I’ve also been told that NYCC was the intended venue to announce this project, but I should now look to January…
- The Quite Definite Death Of [SPOILERS] In Faith And The Future Force #1 - July 26, 2017
- Original Wolverine Tops The Advance Reorder Lists – Is It Time For Marvel To Bring Him Back? - July 26, 2017
- The Quite Definite Death Of [SPOILERS] In Savage Dragon #225 - July 26, 2017
- Dr. Snyderlove Or: How DC Comics Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Metal - July 26, 2017
- Randall Malinoff Is No Longer Chief Operating Officer Of Wizard World For Some Reason. - July 26, 2017