Two years after joining Marvel as a talent director after being a director of publishing at Harris Comics, Bon Alimagno is off again. He has quit his job at Marvel (unusual to leave voluntarily these days I know) for, I understand, a tech firm in San Francisco.
He tells Bleeding Cool;
“I’ve worked with the most talented and dedicated artists, editors, talent managers, designers, sales force and staff in the industry. They don’t get anywhere near the credit and respect they deserve. I will miss doing what I could to help them not work 60 hour work weeks. Comics is in my blood and I don’t think I’ll ever be completely be out of the industry, but it’s just time for a new challenge.”
Marvel will need a replacement. Get those CVs or resumes in…!
UPDATE: Heidi says he’s off to the Apollo Group…
- DC Comics April 2018 Catalog – Solicits From Action Comics #1000 to Splitting Batman In Two… - January 22, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Trinity With #22 in April 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Will Marvel’s New Young Guns Move the Needle? - January 22, 2018
- 20 Previews of Free Comic Book Day 2018 Titles, from Barrier to Relay to 2000AD Reneged - January 22, 2018
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics Solicits for April 2018 - January 22, 2018