Two years after joining Marvel as a talent director after being a director of publishing at Harris Comics, Bon Alimagno is off again. He has quit his job at Marvel (unusual to leave voluntarily these days I know) for, I understand, a tech firm in San Francisco.
He tells Bleeding Cool;
“I’ve worked with the most talented and dedicated artists, editors, talent managers, designers, sales force and staff in the industry. They don’t get anywhere near the credit and respect they deserve. I will miss doing what I could to help them not work 60 hour work weeks. Comics is in my blood and I don’t think I’ll ever be completely be out of the industry, but it’s just time for a new challenge.”
Marvel will need a replacement. Get those CVs or resumes in…!
UPDATE: Heidi says he’s off to the Apollo Group…
- Who Watches The Watchmen? Geoff Johns Does, At San Diego Comic-Con With The First Panels Of ‘Doomsday Clock’ - July 20, 2017
- Watch Halle Berry Chug A Glass Of Whisky At San Diego Comic-Con’s ‘Kingsman’ Panel - July 20, 2017
- The Props Of Blade Runner At San Diego Comic-Con – With A Surprise Appearance From Adam Savage - July 20, 2017
- Steven Moffat And Sue Vertue Talk Sherlock Holmes And Manga At San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2017
- Jakks Pacific’s San Diego Comic-Con Panel In 61 Photos – Will We Get A Nightwing Toy Now? - July 20, 2017