Two years after joining Marvel as a talent director after being a director of publishing at Harris Comics, Bon Alimagno is off again. He has quit his job at Marvel (unusual to leave voluntarily these days I know) for, I understand, a tech firm in San Francisco.
He tells Bleeding Cool;
“I’ve worked with the most talented and dedicated artists, editors, talent managers, designers, sales force and staff in the industry. They don’t get anywhere near the credit and respect they deserve. I will miss doing what I could to help them not work 60 hour work weeks. Comics is in my blood and I don’t think I’ll ever be completely be out of the industry, but it’s just time for a new challenge.”
Marvel will need a replacement. Get those CVs or resumes in…!
UPDATE: Heidi says he’s off to the Apollo Group…
- Tying Up One Of Those Civil War II Hanging Threads In Today’s Ultimates 2… - April 26, 2017
- DC Comics Ch-Ch-Changes – Hal, Hell And Harley - April 26, 2017
- Another Fake Jack Kirby Page Sells For Over $2000 On eBay - April 26, 2017
- Adult Swim Confirms That Neon Joe, Werewolf Hunter Is Returning In May - April 26, 2017
- A Comic Store In Your Future – Guardians 2 Will Be A Smash. The Comics, Not So Much. - April 26, 2017