Two years after joining Marvel as a talent director after being a director of publishing at Harris Comics, Bon Alimagno is off again. He has quit his job at Marvel (unusual to leave voluntarily these days I know) for, I understand, a tech firm in San Francisco.
He tells Bleeding Cool;
“I’ve worked with the most talented and dedicated artists, editors, talent managers, designers, sales force and staff in the industry. They don’t get anywhere near the credit and respect they deserve. I will miss doing what I could to help them not work 60 hour work weeks. Comics is in my blood and I don’t think I’ll ever be completely be out of the industry, but it’s just time for a new challenge.”
Marvel will need a replacement. Get those CVs or resumes in…!
UPDATE: Heidi says he’s off to the Apollo Group…
- Godshaper By Si Spurrier And Jonas Goonface – The Shape Of Comics To Come? - January 20, 2017
- Cullen Bunn Unleashes Another Monster, Regression With Danny Luckert For Image Comics - January 20, 2017
- Will Rosado Joins Catalyst Prime’s Free Comic Book Day - January 20, 2017
- Plague Of Locusts, Frogs Fall From Sky And Witchblade Returns As A TV Series Again - January 20, 2017
- Don’t Fear Kim Reaper…. Supernatural Romance Leads Oni Press’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 20, 2017