Shoestring offspring Alice Eve is negotiating her deal to take a role in JJ Abrams’ Star Trek sequel. She’s apparently set to play a newly invented character – though that’s not enough fun for the internet, so I’m seeing Janice Rand rumours already.
In great number.
Slightly less common are dodgy comments about Ms. Eve’s physique, often mentioning that the film will be shot in 3D. But only slightly.
Variety note that Benicio Del Toro‘s deal to play the villain is also still pending. As you’d expect, all of the principles from the first film are already locked into place.
And, incidentally, I do know my headline is faulty on at least two counts: there’s no indication yet that the character will ever get on board the Enterprise; and the film isn’t going to be called Star Trek 2 but something subtitle-y.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014