PoliticsWatch: New Zealand cartoonist Haden Currie has released a free comic book both satirising and celebrating the current Prime Minister John Key, before this Saturday’s General Election.
PoliticsWatch2: He might not have the same luck in Russia though, Russian comics from communist parties have been banned for presenting President Putin in an unflattering fashion, suffering from dementia, ahead of next month’s elections. The publisher rejects the charge.
“The character that looks “100 percent like Putin” is shown in the comics as the Communists’ main adversary, who gets help from other political movements. For example, one of the illustrations shows a mighty man, who resembles a young Communist leader Gennady Zyuganov, arm wrestling with a feeble man, who resembles the prime minister. The latter is getting assistance from two diminutive figures attached to his arm with ribbons that say A Just Russia and LDPR.”
PoliticsWatch3: Olivier Cadic, founder of Cinebook who specialise in translating French comics into English, has been decorated with the Ordre National du Merite (National Order of Merit) by the French Ambassador to the United Kingdom, Bernard Emie.
This is Computo the Comic Link Conqueror speaking. I come for your women. But for now I merely collate comic-related bits and pieces online. One day I will rule. Until that day, read on.
They say I am a work in progress. The fools.
And yet with action films, the moral and political ideas in play are surpassingly easy to spot. What about the entertainment films that came later, during the era of CGI – the big-budget films primarily generated from more imaginary fare, such as the apparently numberless comic book franchises of Batman, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, X-Men, Captain America, et al?
Cyclops Turkey doesn’t care about keeping the younger turkeys safe.
- Watchmen, The Justice Society, Flash And Batman – It’s All Happening! - February 24, 2017
- Aspen Denied Free Comic Book Day 2017 – So They Are Doing It Themselves With Aspen Universe: Decimation #0, Free For May - February 24, 2017
- Saudia Arabia Comic Con Condemned By Religious Leaders – But Not Mads Mikkelsen - February 24, 2017
- Tom King Teases Batman/Rorschach Crossover… - February 24, 2017
- What Would A Comics Retailer Tell Their Younger Self Before Opening Their Store? - February 24, 2017