This stuck out in the new issue of Teen Titans, rather. Bunker, the new gay Teen Titans character, in his second out-of-costume appearance in the issue. We’ve already seen the first appearance in promotional pieces.
And there has been comment on the character’s apparent flamboyance and prissiness, leading artist Brett Booth to comment “It is a very difficult line to walk, will he be as I’ve read in some of the comments ‘fruity’? Not that I’m aware of. Will he be more effeminate than what we’ve seen before, the ‘typical’ gay male comic character, yes.”
Two eggs in a hanky. Blimey. I can feel a little homophobic hankling rising in one or two readers. But Scott Lobdell has your back, as it were, and gives Brett Booth the following to draw on the facing page.
Male heterosexuality restored!
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London.
- San Diego Comic Con 2017 Badges On Sale On April 8th – 9am PT Noon ET 5pm BST - March 27, 2017
- DC Comics Sends Their Freelancers Big Blue Blankets… - March 27, 2017
- Manga Potrays President Donald Trump As Making Murder And Rape Legal - March 27, 2017
- Where To Buy The Watchmen Smiley Batman And Flash Covers If You Live In The UK - March 27, 2017
- The Biggest Spoilers For Secret Empire #0 You Can Find… If You Can Find Them - March 27, 2017