This stuck out in the new issue of Teen Titans, rather. Bunker, the new gay Teen Titans character, in his second out-of-costume appearance in the issue. We’ve already seen the first appearance in promotional pieces.
And there has been comment on the character’s apparent flamboyance and prissiness, leading artist Brett Booth to comment “It is a very difficult line to walk, will he be as I’ve read in some of the comments ‘fruity’? Not that I’m aware of. Will he be more effeminate than what we’ve seen before, the ‘typical’ gay male comic character, yes.”
Two eggs in a hanky. Blimey. I can feel a little homophobic hankling rising in one or two readers. But Scott Lobdell has your back, as it were, and gives Brett Booth the following to draw on the facing page.
Male heterosexuality restored!
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London.
- America’s New Cultural Invasion Is Manhwa, Korean Webcomics - November 18, 2017
- Silver Sprocket Signs Distro Deal With Devil – Otherwise Known As Diamond Comic Distributors - November 18, 2017
- Dark Horse Launces Buffy Spinoff ‘Giles’ By Joss Whedon, Erika Alexander, And Jon Lam In February 2018 Solicits - November 18, 2017
- Alan Moore Knows The Score – He’s Sixty-Four - November 18, 2017
- Neal Adams Calls For Auschwitz Museum To Return Paintings To Dina Babbit - November 17, 2017