The TV version of Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming’s comic series Powers has been called in for a pit stop. As already shot, the pilot was based on a script by Charles Eglee and starred Jason Patrick and Lucy Punch as Christian Walker and Deena Pilgrim as a pair of homicide cops (with awfully clunky names) investigating cases involving the superpowered,
After some reworking and reshooting, any or all of that could change – though, from Deadline‘s story it does seem like the alterations will be more minor than a total overhaul. Maybe they’ll just change the names. I honestly wish they would.
FX seem at least determined to rework their pilots before scrapping them: they’ve just pulled the plug on Outlaw Country completely, having already shot it and reshot it. So, while it’s good for Powers that they’re investing in some fixing, it’s still far from a guarantee that the show will ever get to be a series.
Lucy Punch appeared in another police procedural, of a sort – Howard Overman’s Vexed. That could have used some fixing too, I can tell you.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014