Tomorrow night, the first footage from the Christmas Doctor Who will be premiered on the BBC’s Children in Need, alongside a “surprising” new mini-episode. We’ll do our best to bring them to you here as soon as possible but, yes, not to put too fine a point on it, Children in Need supports good causes, could use your attention and, where you can spare it, your donations.
This first image from the Who special has been released to help build interest in tomorrow night’s clip.
So that’s almost entirely obtuse, featuring our lead character in silhouette, a location we can’t recognise and having him point his sonic screwdriver out of the frame at who-knows-what, but the impression is a bold one: action and danger and excitement.
I think we’ve more than covered the notion of the sonic screwdriver as a weapon, and over the years, touched on the notion of the Doctor as a sometime action hero. It’s certainly true that he does a lot of running around at least – and here, it looks like he’s outpacing a burst of flame in a not-entirely-un-Bruce-Willis fashion.
Keep it up, Doc – the Beeb’s looking for a Hollywood co-production partner for your return to the big screen. Maybe you could dive head first through a plate glass window just to put a bow on top?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014